6. "The secret life of plants" by Peter Tompkins and Cristopher Bird




Last month I finished reading a strange book about my tastes, which was about plants. My need to read something about plants for the first time started from the care and observation of two plants that were offered to me as gifts in the last year and a half. The choice of the book by me was random. I had never heard of this before.

However, a relevant documentary from 1979, based on the music of Stevie Wonder, was based on this book.

A) The premise of the book:
The book summarizes the views of some people on how plants feel in the world, based on the experiments of various researchers, which are described. The book also refers to ecological agriculture.

B) The advantages of the book:
The truth is that I am not an expert on plants, so I can not judge this book with confidence. I may be wrong but only a few things have satisfied me in this book.
Some views on how plants feel the world were interesting, although I felt they were closer to the level of metaphysics than physics.

C) The disadvantages of the book:
A major disadvantage of the book, in my opinion, was the tedious description of countless experiments on plants, as well as their results, which gave the impression that they reached the limits of metaphysics. But I, as an engineer, am a supporter of physics. So I was often reading the contents of the book in disbelief. The book was quite boring for me and for anyone who is not systematically involved with plants. I apologize to the copyright holders of the book if I am unfair in my criticism. I just honestly describe how I felt reading it.

D) The meaning of the book:
Plants feel the world around them more than we imagine. They suffer from the threat, they feel the existence of other plants around them but also the intentions and actions of those who take care of them.
(But can you believe that for sure? I have doubts but no one ever knows.)
Also, organic crops are ultimately much more profitable financially but also much more beneficial for human nutrition and health.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14) «ΜΑΡΙΑ ΑΝΤΟΥΑΝΕΤΑ - ΤΟ ΤΑΞΙΔΙ» της Βρετανίδας Λαίδης Αντόνια Φρέιζερ / "MARIΕ ANTΟΙΝΕΤΤΕ - THE JOURNEY" by the British Lady Antonia Fraser

30. «Περισσότερες Άχρηστες γνώσεις» (2008) της Λίζας Παπαδοπούλου, Εκδόσεις «Γνώση»./30. "More Useless Knowledge" (2008) by Lisa Papadopoulou, “Gnosi” ("Knowledge") Publications.

29. «Ο νόμος του Μέρφυ (ό,τι μπορεί να πάει στραβά, θα πάει)» του Άρθουρ Μπλοχ / 29. "Murphy's Law (Whatever Can Go Wrong, Will)" by Arthur Bloch